Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Doller Family Tree

I am very fortunate to have been recently connected to a cousin in Germany on my Maternal Grandmother's side.  My Grandmother's Father's family (The Doller's) still reside on the family farm.  Most of them do not speak English, but after sending a letter to the farm I was lucky enough to hear from Angelika, a sweet 14 year old girl who also happens to be my 3rd cousin.  She and I have now connected via email and Facebook.  She has been kind enough to not only answer my many, many questions, but also go in search for the answers we both don't have.  A couple weeks ago, her mother graciously traveled to the Church Archive to find the proper names and dates of our mutual ancestors.  We discovered more family members than we were even aware of!  You can see the family tree she sent me on the Doller page of this blog.  I am hopeful that Angelika and I can remain in contact for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment